Thursday 20 October 2016

2016 Survey RESULTS!

I have to say, I had way too much fun with my survey. Most of you gave me good responses but there were a couple that were (intentional or unintentional, not sure...) rather hysterical. I'll go through the questions (using pie charts, yay!) and discuss your answers generally. I'll also reproduce some of my favourite responses. :)

Wait, pie charts? Like this?

Oh wait, whoops, that's not the kind of pie chart I'm going to be using. Sorry! 

*tries again*
(yep, that's more like it!)

Ok you ready? Let's see what happens!

How often do you stop by?


Most of you stop by when you see there is a new post. Cool. :) I was very impressed by this response though - check this out!
Both via RSS and when I'm away I check exactly when I know there will be a new post :)
*gives brownie points to this responder* I post every third day reasonably reliably but I'm impressed - guys, the fact that this person knows when I post is dedication.


What time of day do you stop by?

Most of you in the morning. There was this 'other' response though...
Depends... 
(on what?! We're all curious now!)


What is your favourite social media platform?

Pretty mixed. Most of you Facebook or 'other'. The 'other' was quite varied, it ranged from Goodreads to quite a few "I don't have any social media accounts". 


What is your preferred following method?

This was an interesting one! Bit surprised how many of you don't follow but just check regularly! There are a few different following options including the recently fixed Follow By Email in the sidebar.... *starts trying to persuade you guys to actually follow* 
You'll get notified of EVERY NEW POST! What could be better??
*stops persuasion*
Also I wasn't putting every post up  on my Facebook page, although now I know so many of you find it helpful, I'll definitely use it more.


Out of all the posts I do, which is your favourite?

This was really mixed. I was expecting a lot of 'Awkward and Awesome' and was pleasantly surprised that so many of you picked other ones! Yay! Not so much pressure to think of awkward moments. :P
Quite a few of you like thoughtful / devotional style posts and Bonnie's Opinion posts. Good to know. I'll be trying to slip a few more of those in.
The 'other' category was mostly comprised of responses like these two:
All of them
GAH they're all so good I can't pick!
Guys, 'all of them' was not an option for a reason. :P Thanks for your helpfulness. :P



What do you think of the current volume of posts?
Most people are happy! Yay! Happy people!
I think it's highly unlikely the number of posts will increase at all in the foreseeable future. It's likely the number of posts will decrease but at the moment we're sticking to one every three days, which for me is quite good. From the looks of it it's quite good for you, too.


Are you a male or female?

My readership is predominantly female, something that doesn't surprise me at all. I know a grand total of one male blogger I've met through blogging. (I do know more than that but the others were my friends in the real world before blogging.) Maybe girls just have more free time than guys to blog? Maybe I move in the wrong circles? Nothing wrong with that, just interesting!


Would you like to see more guest bloggers in the future?

Most of you are happy with how it currently is. :) So am I, so we're all good! :)


Is there a particular post / series you'd like to see me do? Suggestion time!
Responses for this one were wide and varied. Several requests for art posts and posts about my journaling Bible. A couple of people asked for outfit/fashion posts. Someone asked for Christian living posts / a series on topics teens have to deal with. All good thoughts. Here are three notable post requests:
how to follow?
photos of Baxter
weather
How to follow? Well I hardly think this deserves its own post, so there's a little 'follow by email' box in the sidebar on the right. Put your email in the box. :) You can also follow through Google Plus if you have one of those accounts.

Weather? I'm so confused by this. Do you want a post about the weather where I live? Or weather in general? It would be nice if you were more specific! Here's a confused smiley face. :?)

Photos of Baxter? Ummm sure. He is a remarkably good looking dog if I do say so myself. Here he is sitting by the door waiting for someone to play with him.




How long have you been following/reading my blog?

I just asked this out of interest. :)



Where in the world do you hail from?

Wow, almost 60% of my readers are from New Zealand! :O I thought there were way more Americans! This was super surprising to me. Here's one notable 'other' response that made me laugh.
The land of pineapples (aka Palmy) 
(Palmy is in New Zealand, by the way, and there was a NZ option...) Lol, hi Laura. :P


What is your age group?

It's cool to see the different age groups represented here! Lots of young adults, in fact mostly young adults, but I like that there are two under 10 year olds! Whoop whoop! And let's hear it for the over 26 year olds!!!


How can I be praying for you? Any prayer requests?
To those of you who shared prayer requests with me, I'm praying for you. Thanks for sharing! :) One thing I love about blogging is that you make friends from all over the world who share common interests. Thank you to those of you who are praying for me and my blog...  the least I can do is reciprocate and I love having specific things to pray for.
Here is the one confusing reply I received, reproduced here for your entertainment:
I have a head!!!
We're so thankful you do.


Any other thoughts, comments, suggestions?
I was so touched and thrilled with your sweet comments saying how much you enjoy reading my little blog. Here is one of the many lovely comments that made me smile and made my day.
Your blog is a blessing and inspiration, Bonnie. I enjoy reading every post. I'm honestly not much help when it comes to surveys, because I just appreciate you and your blog, you know, no matter how many guest posters you have, or how often you post! Keep being a blessing, girl! :)


You readers are my blessing and inspiration. No, seriously. There's no way I'd be blogging if it weren't for you. Thanks for reading, commenting and following. You guys are the best.

And thanks for filling out my survey! Glad you have heads. :P Also did you all appreciate the awesome pie chart at the start of this post?
post signature

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up. God is our salvation. Psalm 68:19.

8 comments:

  1. What interesting results! I laughed when I read the interesting remark about a head.... that is pretty random. :P
    And I'm so sorry that *some* of us weren't more helpful about what posts we like... it should be a compliment for you if we can't decide! Or is it? *runs off to re-read your compliments post to see* xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they were really interesting! Haha, someone was trolling :P

      Lol, that's quite alright, Emily. I'll take it as a compliment then!
      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I'm not even sure why, but I loved how you interpreted your results and your remarks too, haha!

    You run a great blog, keep it up!
    rockandminerals4him.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RockandMinerals4Him! :) You're so encouraging. God bless

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your results! :)

    Have a good day!

    With love and all joy,
    Allie D.
    www.alliesblogdesigns.blogspot.com
    www.friendlovesatalltimes.blogspot.com
    www.sincerelyallied.blogspot.com
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, thanks for sharing your results! I'm glad we have heads too, and I did appreciate that pie chart - that's how I think too. ;) And praise God my comment could be a blessing to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) Hehee. The pie chart is awesome right!

      It really was!

      Delete

Join the conversation!