Wednesday 15 October 2014

Chocolate Book Tag

Hi everyone! I found this pretty neat tag over at Eve's blog. It combines some of my favorite things in life. Reading and chocolate!!!


I've tried to think of a whole wide range of books that I love to feature in this post. Maybe some of the books I read will surprise you, maybe some won't!


1. Dark Chocolate (A book that covers a dark topic)
I Am David by Anne Holm. The story of a boy who escapes from a concentration camp in Bulgaria and tries to find his long lost mother. He finds her in the end, so there is a happy ending. This book really makes you think and gives you compassion for those less well off than yourself.




2. White Chocolate (Favorite light-hearted/humorous read)
Cheaper by the Dozen (and the sequel, Belles on Their Toes) by Frank Bunker Gilbreth and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey. A great story with lots of funny bits. :)




3. Milk Chocolate (A book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read)
Murder on the Orient Express, probably one of Agatha Christie's most famous stories. I still haven't managed to find it in the library, but someday I shall read it. Agatha Christie really is an amazing writer.




4. Caramel-filled Chocolate (A book that makes you feel all gooey inside)

The Anne of Green Gables series always makes me feel all gooey inside, especially when Anne makes up with Gilbert and then they eventually (spoiler!) get married. :) I love happy endings, and the Anne of Green Gables series never fails to make me feel gooey no matter the number of times I read it.




5. Wafer-less KitKat (A book that has surprised you)
Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I can honestly say that it is a brilliant book! :) I wasn't sure what to think when I first started reading it but now I think that it's so good, everyone should read it.



6. Snickers (A book you're going nuts about)
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren... I've only read almost half of it but it. Is Seriously. Amazing. It will change your life! Honestly, I can't say enough good things about it. :D If you want a closer relationship with God or wonder what the purpose for your life is or even just want to read a really good book I recommend, this is a great one. Seriously. Definitely read it.



7. Hot Chocolate With Mini Marshmallows (A book you turn to for a comfort read)
Biggles books by W E Johns!! This may come as a surprise, but I love reading about flying planes in World War II! It's actually really interesting stuff. Some are better than others, but one of my favourites just has to be Biggles of the Special Air Police. That's a good one.




8. Box of Chocolates (A series you feel has something for everyone)
The Barn Chronicles, by Rosie Boom. Our family has really enjoyed reading them! We actually know Rosie Boom personally and on the back of the book Where Arrows Fly (no.2) is me endorsing it and telling you the book is awesome. :) They are great, family stories with lots of funny bits.


I hereby tag the following bloggers -

- Matthew, who loves books and hoards chocolate
- Sarah, who I'm pretty sure loves both, and
- Rhoda, who I'm pretty sure loves books and hopefully loves chocolate.
(You guys don't have to do it if you don't want to.)

I also tag whoever comments either "I love chocolate!" Or "I love reading!" Or even both, if you want. :D

Which of my 'chocolate' books have you read?
post signature

8 comments:

  1. Hahahaa, you guessed right Bonnie! I DO love books, AND I loooveeee chocolate!! Hehe! I really have to do this post.. :) thanks so much for nominating me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me, Bonnie, but even though this is a neat tag, and I do love both chocolate and books, I don't do tags at all.
    But if you want something tough, try Ian Wishart's "Absolute Power," and if you want something sweet, try "The Spring Cleaning" by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you don't do tags, I didn't know! I won't tag you again. :)
      Thank you for the book recommendations!
      Blessings :)

      Delete

Join the conversation!