Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sophie Elizabeth Smithies

So, yes, here's the next post about a person in my family. Sophie Elizabeth. Now, remember, I'm doing them in a completely random order. :-) Mainly because there are some photos of certain people I've just taken that haven't gotten onto the computer yet and I want to give them time to. :-)

Have you missed Dad or Jacob?

So anyway, Sophie Elizabeth Smithies. Sophie is the fourth oldest in our family. She is currently 13 years old.



This is Sophie. Isn't she beautiful??? :-) 

Sophie is, as I said, the fourth oldest in the family. She ends the line of four girls in a row (Ben, the oldest boy and fifth oldest child), comes after her. 

Sophie is already TALLER than me! And she is a whole 26 months younger than me. That's a bit more than 2 years, in case you can't be bothered to do the maths for yourself. Taller than me! Mum thinks she will end up as the tallest girl in our family. I will, no doubt, end up the shortest. *sobs*

Sophie is such a good 'mother' to the younger children. She will quite happily spend hours reading books to Jacob without complaining. She is so patient and kind and loving with them. I seriously don't know how she does it!



I have had the privilege of teaching Sophie Grades 1 and 2 Royal Schools of Music Theory to her for the past year. She works so hard and even if she doesn't understand something completely, always gives her all and tries her best. I am so proud to be her sister.

Even though I am not that much older than Sophie, I have been greatly blessed by how she has matured over the years. She is a shining star, a real example of what Jesus shining through someone can look like. I am proud to be her sister and thrilled that she is in our family.

Sophie, I love you so much and pray that Jesus will continue to work in and through you. I pray His richest blessing on you both now and for the rest of your life. May you come to know who He is in a deeper way and what His plan for your life is. Thank you for being such a wonderful sister.




Sophie, I am truly blessed to be your sister. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!