Sunday 14 July 2013

Help Yourself to Happiness and This is My Prayer

As this is Sunday, I thought it would be fitting to post a poem or two by Helen Steiner Rice. Now, I love Helen Steiner Rice. As far as I am concerned, she is absolutely incredible!! I write poems, none of them much to look at, but she is a master of poetry. All of her poems are works of art in themselves. I admire her tremendously.

This first poem is called 'This is My Prayer', and is, of course, written by Helen Steiner Rice.

~ This is My Prayer ~
Bless me, heavenly Father,
forgive my erring ways,
Grant me strength to serve Thee,
put purpose in my days ...
Give me understanding,
enough to make me kind
So I may judge all people
with my heart and not my mind ...
And teach me to be patient
in everything I do,
Content to trust Your Wisdom
and to follow after You ...
And help me when I falter
and hear me when I pray
And receive me in Thy Kingdom
to dwell with Thee some day.


And the other one, 'Help Yourself to Happiness' just to bless your Sunday. :-) Enjoy.


~ Help Yourself To Happiness ~
Everybody, everywhere
seeks happiness, it's true,
But finding it and keeping it
seem difficult to do.
Difficult because we think
that happiness is found
Only in the places where
wealth and fame abound.
And so we go on searching
in palaces of pleasure
Seeking recognition
and monetary treasure,
Unaware that happiness
is just a state of mind
Within the reach of everyone
who takes time to be kind.
For in making others happy
we will be happy, too.
For the happiness you give away
returns to shine on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation!