Sunday 16 June 2013

DYN?

Did you know...

-Rubber bands last longer when you refrigerate them?
-Peanuts are one of the ingredients that make up dynamite?
-That there are 293 ways to make change for one dollar?
-On average your left hand does 53% of the typing? (If you use a normal keyboard, that is)
-Sharks are the only fish that can blink with both eyes?
-On a Canadian two dollar bill the flag flying over the parliament building is an american flag?
-'Dreamt' is the only word in the English language that ends in the letters mt?
-Almonds are a member of the peach family?
-Tigers have stripey skin not just stripey fur?
-In most advertisements the time displayed on a watch or clock is 10:10?

Today we did the SSU (Sunday School Union) Scripture Exam. We do it annually, memorise verses (this year I memorised eight) and read certain set passages from Scripture. During the exam we are required to write out our memory verses and short and long answers on the passages.

I usually manage to finish first every year of the people who are doing my grade, some of the ones below and the ones above. :-) The thing is, I don't know if that is a good thing or not! Some people only doing several grades higher than me were still going after, like, 2+ hours. I was done after about 40 minutes. But *brightly* it doesn't seem to have made that much of an impact on my marks. I usually get in the 90th percentile. Once (I've never done this before or since) I managed to get 99% and first in NZ! But I don't see that happening again this year. :-( Sadly. I didn't spend as much time as I should have studying the material! Ah well. Maybe next year.

Disclaimer:
In my 'did you know' lists like the one above, I have in the past been told off for unknowingly giving the wrong information and actually not giving true facts. I'm sorry if I do that again! I get my facts off other websites so please don't tick me off if they are slightly wrong.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, exams Bonnie! *cringes*
    Good job! Congratulations!!

    Shining Arrows holding a giveaway on the blog! Be sure to enter (it ends on Sunday.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I do well this time too... :-)

      I know! Exciting! I'm blogging about it...

      Delete
  2. Forty minutes…I took more than three hours. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three hours!!! Were you writing a book????

      Delete

Join the conversation!